Saturday, July 28, 2007

It's all a conspiracy, I tell ya!

The goddess of retail was not with me today.

I did a little shopping for my upcoming trip at Kohl's. I really just wanted to pick up a few things since I obviously don't' have anything in my new size.

Ironically, everything I picked up was only available in 12s and 14s (my OLD sizes). All I wanted was a few pairs of shorts, maybe a pair of capris and a NEW bathing suit.

Ultimately, I did find what I was looking for in shorts and capris but struck out on the bathing suit front.

I just found it incredibly funny that when I was a 12 and a 14 and a 16, all I saw on the rack were's 6s and 8s. And now that I'm a 6 or an 8, all I find are 12s and 14s.

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya! Good thing there are still 3 weeks before the trip!

Stay tuned for less of me.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I am starting to think the same thing. When I was bigger there was never anything in my size. Just what I called "doll clothes" sizes. Now that I am on the other end I can't find anything in my sizes. When I do find something that fits me it is so ridiculous and not age appropriate for me (I would get arrested by the fashion police) that I end up not buying it at all. One thing you will notice is you may be able to get some great deals from the clearance rack.