Friday, July 20, 2007

Defining Diet Success


Note: I'm double posting this entry on both blogs because I feel it's relevant in both places.

It seems that I may indeed have reached my goal of the single digit size despite not yet having reached my goal weight.

As I mentioned in the last post, I can now fit into a pair of size 8 shorts but I was skeptical (surprise, surprise) that this was really my size. After all, women's sizes being what they are...is one size 8 the same as another?

And since I didn't think I owned anything else in an 8 to make a fair comparison, I figured that I would just keep doing what I was doing until the last of the weight came off. Hmm.

But I found a pair of jeans buried in my closet that I swear must be 15 years old. They are undoubtedly my "skinny" jeans. The labels inside is from the Limited and says size 7/8. Good Lord, when was I EVER a 7/8?? But I do recall wearing them and I suppose I've held onto them all this time as the measurement of "if I could only get into these..."

But I did...and without effort.

So does that mean that I am done? I honestly don't think so. I still feel like I want/need to lose 5 or 10 more pounds. I'm weighing in now at 144.5...down from the 177 that I was in early April. I'd really like to get down to 135-137 and then settle somewhere around there. I know it's only a number but I'd really like to get below 140 and stay there.

Decisions. Decisions.

I set out for the single digit size. And now I'm here. But obviously that 's just not good enough. I want that bit of cushion before I settle in on what my lifetime goal weight will be.

So stay tuned for (a little) less of me.

No comments: