Sunday, September 30, 2007

Random Low Carb Things

In preparation for a serious jump start, I've been doing a lot of reading and reflecting on what my next move will be. Translated: trying to give myself a good swift kick in the ass. I'm reading one of the Protein Power books and seeking the guidance of other low carb mavens. Atkins has always been the yardstick that I measure low carb programs but there are obviously so many programs out there so I'm looking for THE ONE that is the best for me...long term.

Many of you know that I started this low carb thing on Kimkins and the current controversy still has my head spinning. But here's a few items to chew on:

If you are thinking of starting on Kimkins...Don't waste your money. There are too many questions about the safety of the program and the integrity of Kimmer. If you haven't already read more than you can handle on this topic, check out what former Kimkins moderator, Becky has to say at Winning Weight Loss.

Looking for somewhere else to spend your sixty bucks.? Try these suggestions from Princess at Once Upon a Diet.

If you are looking for the sense of community that was the big draw for many on the Kimkins site... join us over at Jimmy Moore's forum at low carb discussion. No drama. No criticism. You'll find answers to your low carb questions, team challenges and lots of free support from all the best the low carb community has to offer.

In fact, going back to the aforementioned kick in the ass... I've joined up over at lowcarbdiscussion.com with the Smokin Aces team for a Biggest Loser type challenge. So far there are three teams and I'm really excited to get started on this 8 week challenge. It will be my first since leaving the Kimkins forums but many of the people are the same. We start on Monday so I'll keep you posted on the progress. If nothing else it will keep me honest and hold me accountable.

I promise to start writing more frequently again. In fact, I'm thinking of starting a new feature called "Off-Topic Tuesday" so I can get some other random things off my chest and not feel like One-Note-Nellie on this whole diet thing.

In the meantime, stay tuned for less of me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just take things day by day and remember you've got a legion of fans out here rooting for you and sharing the same experiences. You're definitely not alone and by what you've posted today, you sound focused, determined, and ready for battle!
You'll do great.
Adam;-)

Scale Mistress said...

Thanks, Adam. We are our own worst enemies, aren't we? It's great to know there are others facing the same challenges. Safety in numbers.

Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS for being a part of my forum, Scale Mistress! It's such an honor to have such a loving and caring community of people willing to learn and share from their own low-carb experiences. KEEP UP YOUR GREAT WORK and NEVER GIVE UP! :D