Sunday, September 16, 2007

Scalemistress the Slacker

First let me just say that I have no one to blame but myself. But I have indeed become a slacker.

I have not been as diligent as I know I should be and I've let the Oreos in my fridge entice me. I haven't resorted to sandwiches or french fries so I suppose I have something to redeem my slacker tendencies but still...

So the good news is that I went shopping yesterday. I needed some new clothes for a job interview and I'm happy to report that despite my slacker tendencies I'm still maintaining my single digit status and was able to buy some great pants in a size 8. That said, greedy me, would still like to be a 6. And I really would like to shed another 15 pounds to do it. But more importantly, I don't want to let my slacker tendencies slide me right into those double digit sizes.

I think what I really need is some driving force to keep me motivated. A while back I wrote about event driven goals. And the cruise was certainly that for me. But now I don't have that one THING to drive me towards.

Anyone have any ideas?

On other fronts, I do have a job interview tomorrow that I'm really excited about. I hope the job is everything it appears to be and gets me out of my current situation. I've become somewhat addicted to the job boards which could explain some of my slacker tendencies. (or maybe I'm just grasping at straws.)

More than anything I'd say that I'm distracted. Distracted by a job that I'm growing to hate at a company that has been laying people off seemingly at random. Distracted by our financial woes which seem at any moment to throw us into the pit of despair and distracted by a general sense of discontent at the lack of power I have over the previous two.

:sigh:

OK. Pity Party is now over.

Stay tuned for less of me.

5 comments:

Vinny said...

Good luck on the interview. I had no idea!

Anonymous said...

Imagine how much lighter and better you'll feel even if it's just 15 pounds you're aiming to lose; and by that time, you'll definitely slide into those size 6 pants you're dreaming of.
Hang in there and don't give up!
Adam;-)

Anonymous said...

I don't have much advice but I'm right there with you! I am having a hard time getting focused. I too am a slacker. Having an upcoming event helps so much and I don't have any in the foreseeable future!

Don't be hard on yourself! You'll get back in the groove! I'd give my right eye to be a size 8 :) You should be so proud of yourself for all that you have accomplished - you are such an inspiration!!

Scale Mistress said...

Thanks for the encouragement Vinny, Adam and Deb. I realize that in the grand scheme of things I have little right to whine. But we've all been there so perhaps we can all keep each other focused.

The Contessa said...

Hello my friend!

First I'm sorry I have been neglectful of my blog reading, I've been living in my own pity party.

I'm breaking out of it though. I received my 25 lb medal at WW last week.

As for event driven goals... I make them up. I create a party in my home 2 months from now with an outfit in mind.... there's my event. I used a scale number too... or a number of lbs by a given date. or inches or sizes... whatever.

Event drive goals are simply mental milestones that help motivate. But they can backfire too... suppose you are at your goal and you need to maintain... that mental game has to change up.

You are my inspiration Lady - if anyone can do it, you can!

Your skinny husband isn't the only skinny one in the house anymore...!!!! Tell him I said Hello!