Saturday, July 26, 2008

Making slow and steady progress on Weight Watchers

First a thanks to Miz Fit for the little kick in the butt this week for not updating in a while.

It wasn't intentional. I swear.

I'm a little frustrated with the slow pace of Weight Watchers despite knowing that it's better to lose it this way.

Five weeks in and I've lost 5 pounds. (Hurray for me ???)

The funny thing about weight loss programs though is that in order for them to work, you have to work them. Profound, I know.

Some days I'm better at it than others. I find it impossible to stay on program every day and I know that I am my own worst enemy if I fail to write stuff down.

Some slip ups are obvious....like the piece of cheesecake I HAD to have to celebrate my friend's birthday. What kind of friend would I be to go to Cheesecake Factory with him and not have "something"...right? Yea, Yea, I know.

In the immortal words of Bugs Bunny... "what a maroon!"

Other slip ups are not so obvious or maybe just unavoidable. Weekends are just deadly for me lately as I have found myself in social situations where food I shouldn't be eating in ANY quantity has found itself in my gullet. And of course, I'm instantly sorry and kicking myself clear into the next day.

But aside from the obvious and not so obvious stated above, my biggest challenge continues to be...exercise. It's not the how, or even the what (since, like most everyone I know, I have a plethora of bands, balls, weights and dvds to get the job done). Instead it's just the WHEN?

Every day, my alarm clock goes off at 5:30. Every day I have the intention of getting up and doing some form of exercise before I have to start getting myself and two 7 year olds ready to start the day. And more times than not, I find myself hitting the snooze enough times to make those intentions worthless.

So if any of you have any great suggestions of how I can get over this hurdle, please speak up. I KNOW that if I can figure out a way to make exercise a regular and permanent part of my daily routine, that the weight will melt away.

Stay tuned for less of me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

first? GO YOU!!!

next? this:
The funny thing about weight loss programs though is that in order for them to work, you have to work them.

FOR ME WEIGHT and FITNESS IS ALL SYMBOLIC OF LIFE. It''s no different huh? that for anything to work (and Im struggling with a 'work' hurdle right now) you have to WORK IT.

(here's the toughlove part of my comment :)) and Im off to workout. Im kinda tired. it's 530 am BUT my Toddler will be up and going in 30 minutes and this is the only time I get.

my nonetoooriginal advice for you?

MAKE THE SNOOZE BUTTON NOT AN OPTION.

at LEAST during the week.

not a choice.

thoughts?

M.

Scale Mistress said...

Thanks for the tough love. ;)

Tomorrow I will NOT hit the snooze.

That's my Monday July 28th resolution.

I'll keep you posted.