Thursday, January 31, 2008

Surviving Temptation in a High Carb World

Today's tip: Don't give in to eating peer pressure.

Yesterday, the women I work with all decided that we needed to go out for ice cream at lunch.

Uh-oh. Visions of creamy chocolate ice cream danced in my head.

I considered not going but I haven't been at this job long and didn't want to be standoffish. So, I decided to go with them and only get something if they had anything sugar free.

Of course they didn't. Plenty of "low fat" choices but nothing sugar free. UGH!

I got coffee instead (with Splenda!). And I'm damned proud of myself for it.

I decided that the idea of those size 8 pants in my closet was more exciting than the scoop of chocolate and peanut butter ice cream.

And that thrill carried me for the rest of the day.

The road not taken would have been me kicking myself for the rest of the day.

This tasted much better!

1 comment:

amber said...

i am proud of you! and isn't that the best feeling in the world? overcoming temptation is the hardest thing to do when you are losing weight...give yourself a checkmark in the winner category for that one!